Syria: The terrorist siege of Kafarya and Foua ~ update.

Latest update from our brothers and sisters in Beirut regarding the situation in these besieged villages.

It was officially announced that the second truce and round of negotiations collapsed today.

The “rebel” factions resumed heavy shelling against the villages since the early hours of the morning. Hundreds of grad rockets, mortars, and hell cannons, targeted the neighbourhoods killing 5 civilians and wounding more than 22.

A “Hawn” Mortar exploded near the kitchen in Mohammad’s family house where his nephew was standing. Gratefully & Alhamdullilah his nephew survived and wasn’t even wounded.

The percentage of destruction in the houses of the two villages surpassed 60%.. We are on the verge of a humanitarian Crisis.

These villages are without supplies, only one safe access road in and out of the villages, reliant upon bread drops by the Syrian Airforce and under constant fire from the terrorists who are surrounding them and waiting to invade.

What can be done.

This came from Al Masdar earlier today:

The Islamist rebel forces of Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham and the Syrian Al-Qaeda group “Jabhat Al-Nusra” violated the 48 hour ceasefire agreement on Saturday morning after they fired over two dozen rockets and mortar shells into the predominately Shi’i towns of the Al-Fou’aa and Kafraya..

Social media activists from Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham posted photos and videos of their resumed assault on Kafraya and Al-Fou’aa, further confirming the recent news that the 48 hour ceasefire has been terminated by the Islamist rebels.

On Thursday, Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham and Jabhat Al-Nusra threatened to reject the terms of the ceasefire if their demands were not met by the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and Hezbollah; however, Turkish and Iranian officials agreed that these demands were not part of the agreement and therefore null-and-void.

Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham and Jabhat Al-Nusra stated that they demanded the release of a number of women and children inside Syria’s prisons; but, this was contrary to the information provided to Al-Masdar News from a military source in Damascus on Friday morning.

According to the military source in Damascus, the Islamist rebel forces demanded the release of over 40 of their captured fighters from the Saydnaya Prison in the western countryside of the Rif Dimashq Governorate; this was rejected by the Syrian Arab Army’s Central Command.

As a result of the Turkish and Iranian facilitation, the 48 hour ceasefire was set to begin at 6 A.M. (Damascus Time) on Friday, August 28th; it was reportedly supposed to end on Monday morning.

Unfortunately, Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham and Jabhat Al-Nusra were not satisfied with the terms of the agreement; this resulted in their violation of the ceasefire and the assault on Kafraya and Al-Fou’aa..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s